Friday, March 27, 2015

WASH HANDS...YOURS, MINE, HERS, HIS...GOOD, NOW GO BACK TO WORK

I am not making this up, I saw a sign in a restaurant rest room about one week ago and it said exactly what you see here.  For some strange reason, it got me going.  I got back to the table and where my two sons were seated along with the Voice from the Kitchen.  Since it was in the period before the food was served I decided it was safe to mention my reaction to the sign.  WRONG!  
I mentioned that I had found it a little humorous that the English communications skills of the person leave so much to be desired.  We laughed about some of the messages that we saw in the language.
Employees only?  No. 1 son says, "Of course, if you're not an employee somewhere you can't afford to eat here."
Employee?  What about the people at the table with the slob customer who comes back with grimy, streptococcus hands?
The Voice from the Kitchen asks, "Whose hands are they supposed to wash?"  You might know, the tiny lady sitting deep in the corner of the booth found the most challenging interpretation of the sign.  
Actually, the conversation continued in typical Dion fashion.  Since we are no longer sitting at the table, the crude innuendo and the substitute words for various and sundry bodily functions dictate that I no pursue the topic any further.  Probably not a bad idea.
I have had similar experiences in other parts of the world, but I think that what happened this time is worth remembering.
So, I leave you for now.  My life is getting a little looser lately, so I hope to be back.  I have a ton of stuff I want to tweak you with.  


No comments:

Post a Comment