Friday, November 26, 2010

AUTOBIOGRAPHICAL EXERCISE MAINLY FOR MARC AND JO-EL

I was telling Isabel that for many years now I have decided to write my autobiography for the boys.  I have it started.  I had it on some 3.5 inch floppy disks (remember those?) and some of it has been lost and some of it remains.  I still  have some hard copy and I still have the outline.  All I need is the time.  This new expression of what goes on in my head should be considered a part of the autobiographical process.  Not only this blog, but here and here as well.  Click on those blue babies and you'll get some insights.  There is nothing there about my historical physical existence, but the activity that goes on between my ears and in my emotional self is pretty much what you'll find.
If you take a close look you'll see me on the highest step in the photo, hunched and poised for the kill with the glint in the sidelong stare.
This particular post was occasioned by the unexpected query at the breakfast table about what I was doing last night until 12:00.  So I simply told the truth and then was given the 3rd degree about my motives.  So, once again I had to actually think and tell the truth.  I was rather happy with the reaction.  She thinks it is good.
Therefore today I had two thoughts:  The clarification of why I do this and making sure that I understand the now growing expectations of the 10 of you who now know what is going on...at least the little bit that I now know and think about, you are privy to.
Oh, in case you are wondering, yes, I do know all the children in the picture.  Go ahead, put me to the test.  Go to the comment box below and twist my cranial synapses.  I dare ya!
I am now drained and have no more thoughts, ideas or phantazees left for today.

3 comments:

  1. There's no denying what those eyes that belong to the boy on the top step are trying to say to the world: "Just you wait until I get to be a senior insomniac curmudgeon. You will never hear the end of it from me. Watch out. I'm coming. And there ain't nothing you all can do about it. Hah!"

    Well, he's here now, roaming amongst us. And we're all dealing with him. And that's a good thing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is the one in the bottom right corner lingering in the shadows? That one could be challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a challenge at all. Her name is Gloria Gelinas. She is the daughter of Lionel Gelinas and Cecile Dion. Cecile died of complications following childbirth...the doctors made a mistake and she died of peritonitis, or so I understand. Her father was in England at the time, but was able to come back for the funeral, I think. I was about 5 or 6 years old at the time. I still remember the meeting that took place at our house on Hartford Street in South Hadley.
    She is the mother of Marie Claire ... I forget her father's name. It's French Canadian. She is quite friendly with your aunt Emelie. I am not sure whether or not her step-mother, Eileen, originally from Bath, England, is still with us.
    If Aunie Em is reading this, she can help us out.

    ReplyDelete