Tuesday, September 15, 2020

SEASHORE, and MORE, -- VOICE OF GOD

 "DOES THE SONG OF THE SEA END AT THE SHORE OR IN THE HEARTS OF THOSE WHO LISTEN TO IT? 

Kahlil Gibran


This is one of those thoughts that made me shake my head when I read it.  The person to whom it is attributed is a favorite thinker/poet/guru whom I have followed for many years.  It is a fascinating reality that after having dedicated so much spiritual energy basing my personal meditations on Gibran's thoughts that I could have been confronted by this one out of the blue. 

Besides the fact that this thought is engendered by the soothing memory of music, I have to confess that I have been reaching inside of myself to make sense of the rages of water, fire and innimical viruses as they have become rather prominent factors affecting our human situation of late. 

One of the facts that have been lingering around the edges of my meditative nature have been the memorial celebrations surrounding the obsequies for my godson, Hadjr.  The deepest solemity was celebrated on the breast the Pacific Ocean, in many ways, the soul of true San Diegans. It was there that the Song of the the Sea swallowed our hearts and minds in the unison of love. The Song of the Sea did not stop on the sands of the beach on that day...Not for me.  How about you?

You were not there, you say.  Ok, let me ask if the rage of the fires in the northwestern corner of our country end when it runs out of fuel or does it continue to make our soul shiver even long moments after we have been freed of its infernal fury.  

These are just some musings concerning the impact that lingers in the spiritual corners of our being as a result of what we experience in their presence.


No comments:

Post a Comment