Thursday, December 22, 2016

HOW YA DOIN'?

Just the other day
I was in the mood to make some of my friends happy that they are not the only ones who forget things and spend a lot of time searching for something that they had in their hands just 5 minutes before.  I get several responses telling me that the humor that I intended did in fact make them smile.  Sadly I received a couple of comments that came from the sadder side of life.  The sadness of chronic and intense senility, though not spelled out in the message was present in the "spirit."  I felt it.  I still do.  Who knows, I may even be in denial...If so, I pray that I and those around me be always blessed with the humor of the disjointedness of the things I do.

That's the mental part.  Wait until you see the physical part.  That's quite a sight too.  Numb hands that can no longer tie shoe laces, pick up coins from the floor, turn the pages of a book, (thank God for e-books) make a fist and/or even spread out all the way.  Wanna talk knees?  Naw, there's only one good one anyway.  Eyes are OK, thanks to the fact that they are 50% real and 50% plastic. Teeth come in at about 40/35/25 -- real/plastic/gone.

The hair that I have is thin, but I still have enough hair on my head to cover it all so that I have about as much face to wash as I do hair to comb.  My eyebrows have been trying for years to hijack more and more space than I want to give them.  I'm winning that one, thanks to my scissors.

My ears don't hardly work any more.  So, I won't waste your time if you don't by trying to talk to me.

You can tell that I am a ramblin' wreck.  But that's only on the outside.  I don't have enough time to talk about the parts you can't see, touch or hear.  I also don't have a polite enough vocabulary to talk about those other things.

So, overall, if we get to meet within the next few months, the topics of conversation are already pretty well defined.  

C ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment