Thursday, December 26, 2013

I'M DREAMING OF A WHITE CHRISTMAS -- THIS IS KINDA WHITE, RIGHT?


Christmas in Southern California: temperatures near record highs



Lucy Nicholson / Reuters
Nicole Englanoff and Leah Zeffren, both 19, sunbathe on the beach on Christmas Day in Santa Monica, Calif.
Yes, actually, I do dream of white Christmases.  Rather often, as a matter of fact.  Every time I wake up, I rejoice  that it was only a dream.  I am happy that I was able to locate such a clear record of the truth that a white beach is every bit as pleasing as a white road, bounded by white waves of plowed snow in temperatures at teeth rattling temperatures barely making it into the mids teens.  
There is only one thing that the dream brings me that cannot be compared to anything in Sunny, Southern California is the ethereally majestic wavering Aurora Borealis (Northern lights) shimmering on the horizon over an expanse of comfortingly soft white snow.  That is something that I dream about, reminisce about and actually yearn for.  If only I could keep the visit down to a quarter of an hour.  Like they say, Dream on!

So there you have it.  A New England Lad who loves 80 degree, asunshiny Christmases but still confesses that he misses the Northern Lights.  Well, at least I am honest.

May you all have a very happy, peaceful, loving and healthy 2014.

Paul, and I am sure that were she awake, Belle, would join in the happy wishes as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment